Applying for Fall General Freshman Admission to Hunter?
To help us learn more about you and the positive impact that you will bring to our Hunter College community, we invite you to share with us your unique qualities and experiences by responding to one of the following essay topics:
..we invite you to share with us your unique qualities and experiences..
- Tell us about a significant experience, achievement, risk you have taken, or ethical dilemma you have faced and how it impacted you personally. (250-600 words)
- Describe a specific interest or talent and how you have pursued it to date or wish to pursue it in the future. (250-600 words)
- Provide both an essay question and response that you already completed via The Common Application. (250-600 words)
Please note: This optional essay is intended for students applying for Fall General Freshman Admission only. If you are seeking admission to the Macaulay Honors College at Hunter, please go here for more information →
How to Submit Your Essay Response
All applicants who completed the CUNY Admission Application and selected Hunter College as one of their six choices will be invited to submit a supplemental essay response via email. Beginning Wednesday, November 1, 2017, essay invitations will be sent within 1-2 weeks of submitting the applicationwith instructions on how to submit the essay response through our online form.
Supplemental Essay Due Date
The essay is due by the Application Postmark Deadline of February 1, 2018. We will continue to accept essay responses on rolling basis as students submit the admission application, pending space is still available at the College.Please submit only one essay response. Multiple responses will not be considered.
Get Started Today!
While you are awaiting your essay invitation email, we strongly recommend that you take time now to begin crafting your Supplemental Essay Response. For some great tips on writing an effective application essay, go here →
Supplemental Essay FAQ
Click here for a list of frequently asked questions regarding the essay →
To submit an Undergraduate freshmen and transfer application visit The City University of New York.
• CUNY Residency Guidelines and Application If you are applying (or believe you are eligible) for in-state tuition, use this application.
• Freshman Reactivation Form This application is for students who were accepted to John Jay College and did not attend. Please do not complete this application if you have attended other higher education institutions after being accepted to John Jay. Reactivation is not a guarantee of admission. Admission to John Jay College will be based on current admissions criteria and space availability.
• Transfer Reactivation Form This application is for students who were accepted to John Jay College as transfer students and did not attend. Reactivation is not a guarantee of admission. Admission to John Jay College will be based on current admission criteria and space availability.
• Apply as a Non-Degree Student for important application and deadline information.